How do we restore marriage to the beautiful, lofty and holy place God intended?
Protect your marriage every day:
- Share something good about your marriage and something that is disturbing you.
- Commit to addressing the concerns that were shared.
- Follow-up on your commitment or it is worthless.
- Make sure you have improved. How? Ask.
- If need be, seek help! Especially from people who believe in the sanctity and value of marriage.
- Loving your spouse is not an emotion. It's your commitment to loving behavior.
When people in their 60s and older are saying, "maybe it's time for a change" as in dumping their spouse, something is going wrong.
Never before have people had access to so many basics that in the past, kings couldn't even dream of:
- Hot running water in the house in the dead of winter.
- Warm homes.
- Indoor toilets. Virtually self-cleaning at that.
- Light any time you want it.
- A/C because now it's too hot. Digital programming for the exact temperature you want.
- Entertainment 24/7. Hundreds of options.
- Instant communication with anyone pretty much anywhere in the world.
- Comfortable vehicles with adjustable temperature to take you wherever you want.
- Plastics so that you don't even have to wash your dishes.
- Websites to find your "dream" partner.
So, who needs to put up with a relationship that is not making you happy? Just press the button and "POOF", order up another one. What could be more convenient?
This is nonsense. Real value comes from your mutual commitment. Learn what it takes and make your marriage awesome.