I've thought about this a lot. Here are the reasons that have come to mind to explain the lack of interest.
- I didn't show how there would be enough value in working together to motivate more people to reach out to us.
- Despite trying to show how couples can work together to achieve greater happiness, maybe I wasn't convincing. Maybe the posts were too theoretical and you didn't see how I could actually help you in your situation.
- High divorce statistics and the supposition that there are many unhappily married people, don't necessarily translate into people being willing to actually work on a marriage. The statistics may show the opposite.
- If and when a couple or single would work on these issues, they may automatically seek out a credentialled therapist.
Even the request to fill out the survey was mostly ignored.
So, I need to ask the question as to what need M-R actually fills? Yes, our numbers have been growing very nicely. And, we receive very nice comments. But, the reason I developed M-R originally was to help couples with their specific problems.
- Would it make a difference if I shared how I have struggled with various challenges through life?
- Should I reveal how my own mistakes lead me to make the suggestions that I do?
- Would more people want someone who will listen? Period.
- How would you like to proceed to achieve more in your life?
If it turns out that our readers would prefer our offering value in ways not related to coaching/mentoring then maybe we need to shift our focus. I am reaching out to you personally and asking for feedback. I can't wait to hear from you. Please get back to me and let me know your true thoughts.
- just enjoy a quick online read?
- would be interested in purchasing inexpensive ebooks that more fully explore biblical and other implications for marriage?
- don't really have any sense of me as an individual and that would be important to you before wanting to work together?
- would be interested in our creating an online store containing tasteful, thoughtful and exciting items?
- wouldn't consider working with a coach/mentor because you prefer something else?
Or, you might have something enlightening to share that I just haven't thought of.
Please post your comments. I look forward to reading them.