On Valentine's Day, many gifts were exchanged. The choice of present reflected the diverse tastes of the couples. Some of the more traditional selections included chocolates, flowers, lingerie, dinners out and, of course, cards. But, the message was the same: "I love you and I appreciate that you are sharing your life with me."
A present is one way to express love. But, a husband needs a repertoire to properly convey his feelings on a daily basis. I've listed 5 ways that he can continue to please his wife throughout the year.
- Be respectful to your beloved in both your actions and your words. If you value someone, you treat them properly. Respectful actions tell your wife that you consider her to be a God- given gift who enhances your every day. Please remember that she transforms your dwelling into a home. Her personality fills it with life and meaning.
- Be of help to your wife. Enquire what assistance she may need. Then volunteer and assist her whenever you can. There will be many ways that you can be a support. Carrying out the garbage is one. Soothing a child is another.
- Listen and show interest in her day. Find out what went well and what was more challenging. Try to listen without immediately offering advice. This last one is tough, but you're up to the challenge.
- Be affectionate outside of the bedroom. You want your wife to realize that you love her as a person and not just for what she can give you. Women are different than men. They are much more holistic. Negative emotions can quickly shut down her sexuality. So, if you sense that she is not responsive, you need to examine what might be causing her to pull away. Since for her, foreplay is continuous, you have a barometer of sorts that helps you know where you stand.
- Spend time together. Make sure it is pleasant. This will keep you together and avoid your growing apart.
Remember that you have another 362 days with which to please your wife and to surprise your her with loving gestures. Don't restrict yourself to Valentine's Day, her birthday and your anniversary.
If you want next Valentine's Day to be a success, you need to build up to it throughout the year. But, regardless of whether or not you celebrate February 14th, love your wife every day. She deserves it and the payoff is worth it.